Local Tourist Attractions and Activities
All within 5 mins walk of our house.
- Leisureland Swimming Complex.
- Aquarium – mostly native fish species from the bay.
- Pubs and good restaurants
- Galway Bay, its Promenade and beach.
- Golf ,tennis fishing and riding are all available locally.
Nearby attractions include all the fun and conviviality of Galway’s pubs, music, restaurants, theatres, cinema, art galleries. There are walking tours of Galway city which explore the core and the history of medieval Galway. Alternatively, one can see Galway and Salthill and the outlining areas in style, by taking the open topped coach. Swimming, (both indoor and outdoor), 4 championship golf courses, tennis, pitch and putt, horse riding, golf driving range, are all close-by. Within easy reach are fine salmon and trout rivers and sea angling.